The Housekeeping Supervisor oversees the day to day running of the department, work scheduling, inventory, and ensures proper communication and coordination with other areas within the property. They will be responsible for maintaining guest rooms, public areas, and the hotel premises in general in a clean and orderly manner.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is also responsible for supervising room attendants to deliver an excellent guest satisfaction and experience and maintaining the execution of Canadian Princess Housekeeping standard operating procedures. As a Housekeeping Supervisor you will manage many priorities and demands and have the ability to solve problems, support staff, as well as perform the duties of a housekeeper when required. On a time-to-time basis may also be required to assist the Operations Manager in various activities.
Full time seasonal ( Mid May or June 2022- End October or November 2022) // student 5-6 month contract or co-op
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver exceptional experiences through ongoing direct guest interaction and indirect interaction (in cleaning, services and preparing the common areas of the hotel for presenting a warm and welcoming ambiance for our guests).
- Responsible for smooth housekeeping / laundry / maintenance operations.
- Supervise Room Attendants to ensure following the Canadian Princess housekeeping standard operating procedures of guest rooms, laundry and public areas.
- Responsible for checking the status of arrivals, occupied and departure rooms, giving special attention to guest needs and special requests & communicating them to the relevant team members in a timely and efficient manner.
- Plan and organize the room attendant / laundry / maintenance staff’s schedule, based on operational needs.
- Proper distribution of daily allocation of rooms and deep cleaning (as required) tasks to team members.
- Maintains inventory record of amenities, chemicals and other supplies to ensure items are in stock and reorders in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the operational housekeeping supplies and chemicals are used in an efficient and effective manner to ensure cost control and avoid waste. Monitor and maintain all housekeeping tools, systems and equipment proactively.
- Monitor the rooms that are out of service / out of order.
- Manage and monitor Lost & Found safekeeping items.
- Oversee the laundry operations meet the Canadian Princess standard operating procedures.
- Respond to any reported maintenance issues and coordinate to the Operations Manager.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Follow standard health & safety practices, be actively involved in ensuring safety of the housekeeping team
- Coaching and mentoring the housekeeping team including performance reviews
- Assist Operations Manager with staff learning and development requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support the team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Motivate, lead, and educate the team on housekeeping and health & safety aspects
- Facilitate positive and effective communication between Housekeeping and Guest Services
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assetsPerform other reasonable job duties as required by the Management.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous housekeeping experience required
- Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred
- First Aid training is an asset
- Time management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Housekeeping hard skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Excellent Verbal, Listening, and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Multitask and Work Under Pressure
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Problem-solving and planning skills
- The position requires a high level of organization, the ability to motivate and lead a team, problem-solving and planning skills
What’s on Offer
- Competitive hourly wage
- End of season bonus
- Affordable staff housing available, walking distance from the lodge
- Growth Opportunity, year round and management positions available
For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.