Passport information for US guests

All US guest travelling to Canada (including children) will require valid identification.

What type of valid identification is needed?

  • For travel by air, the only option is a US Passport.
  • For travel by land and sea, you can use a US Passport, US Passport card, Nexus Card or Enhanced Drivers License.

What’s the difference between a Passport and a Passport Card?

  • A Passport Card is only valid for travel by land and sea. A Passport can also be used for land and sea as well as air travel.
  • A Passport Card is $30 for adults and $15 for children under 16. A Passport is $110 for adults and $80 for children under 16 (not including execution fees).
  • Both are valid for 10 years (adults) and 5 years (children).
  • Both require proof of citizenship and identity as well as two photos of yourself.

Where do I get a passport?

The Department of State has over 9,000 Passport offices. The online locator can show you your local passport office.

What forms do I need to fill out? All the forms to apply or renew your passport or passport card can be found here.

How long does it take to get my Passport or Passport Card? Processing time will vary depending on volume of applications. To get more information or to check the status of your application online, click here.

More information is also available by calling The National Passport Information Center (NPIC) at 1-877-487-2778.

Please note that Canadian Princess Lodge & Marina is not responsible if a delay should occur at a border crossing or at customs. Please be aware that individuals with a criminal record may not be allowed to enter Canada. This information on this web page is provided as a convenience and accuracy of such is subject to change without notice.