The room attendant will be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation, orderliness and adequate supply of assigned housekeeping guest rooms and work areas. They should maintain a complete knowledge of and comply with all housekeeping departmental policies/service and also the hotel’s procedures/standards. Additionally, maintain complete knowledge of the laundry operations / area, correct maintenance and use of equipment.
Room attendants are responsible for cleaning and servicing guest rooms in order to provide a pleasant and comfortable experience for guests. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also be able to address guest requests and all guest queries politely and knowledgeably.
Full time seasonal ( Mid May or June 2022- End October or November 2022)
Limited comfortable staff accommodation is available within walking distance to the property.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver the highest standard of customer service to all guests.
- Ensure high quality room cleaning service and public areas of the resort at all times.
- Replenish all amenities used inside the rooms and bathrooms for guest use that have run out of stock or need replacement.
- Make bed professionally following Canadian Princess standard operating procedure.
- Ensure all stripped linens & towels are properly segregated and placed outside the room and will be monitored by the laundry attendant.
- Service bathrooms by washing and emptying bins; wash all glass surfaces and floors; clean shower, bath, basin, and toilet to the best quality following the standard operating procedure.
- Vacuum bathrooms, bedrooms floors, corridors, stairs, and remove all debris; check the vacuum cleaner each from time to time if necessary to change the dust bag.
- Using the right cleaning chemicals, dust and polish all hard surfaces following the Canadian Princess standard operating procedure.
- Ensure the service area / housekeeping cart and caddy are well stocked with necessary products and cleaning materials are ready for operations.
- Properly log all lost and found items with the correct details.
- May perform regular deep cleaning of all areas of the hotel as instructed.
- May perform cloak room duties for special occasions and functions if necessary.
- Report any maintenance / repair issues such as equipment and light bulb etc. damage promptly to the Supervisor in-charge / Operations Manager for immediate action – ensure such reports are correctly logged.
- It is essential to be a part of the training programs, be proficient and execute the various SOPs in all operational aspects for you to have a better understanding of the business & retrain as required.
- Support the Laundry operations as required.
- Comply with all Canadian Princess health & safety regulations.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous housekeeping experience is not required but preferred
- Has a positive can-do attitude
- Is reliable that takes pride in their work
- Is detail oriented and organized
- Excellent Customer Service and a Team player
- Excellent Verbal, Listening, and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Multitask and Work Under Pressure
- Flexible Work Schedule during weekend / holidays based on operational requirements.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs
- Strong ability to use cleaning supplies, vacuum, safety equipment, other equipment and materials used in carrying out housekeeping functions
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with workplace statutory requirements, including health and safety, fire prevention, hygiene, and handling of potentially harmful substances
- Flexible, must be willing to work a variety of hours, including days, nights as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs
What’s on Offer
- Competitive hourly wage
- End of season cash bonus
- Extremely affordable staff housing available, walking distance from the lodge
- Growth Opportunity, year round and management positions available
For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.