The Guest Services Agent is a professional who is responsible for greeting guests in an efficient and courteous manner. As the first face that many see upon arrival, you will be critical to delivering our guests a positive and memorable experience. The Guest Services Agent checks guests in and out of their rooms, allocates rooms to all arriving guests after checking the guest preferences, distributes room keys, answers questions, and processes all the payments for hotel services. Lastly, the GSA collects guest feedback forms and do any possible first hand service recovery steps in the case of any complaints. Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests.
The Guest Services Agent excels in both sales and customer service. Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, group booking, OTA concerning reservations arriving by email, telephone, or through a central reservation system and acting as the central point for many internal/external guest communications.
Multitasking and working under pressure are also essential since you are also supporting the other areas like laundry and housekeeping areas. Nobody is fixed to one task and you must be willing to constantly adapt to the guest needs & demands of the hotel operation.
Full time seasonal ( Mid May or June 2022- End October or November 2022) // student 5-6 month contract or co-op
Limited comfortable staff accommodation is available within walking distance to the property.
Role and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests upon their arrival
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
- Learn the Property management system (RoomkeyPMS) to check in/out guests, manage reservations, and take payments/deposits.
- Manage online, email and phone (FIT / Group booking) reservations / modification or cancellations and all types of enquiries.
- Act as the first point of contact for guest information about the property, available rooms, rates, amenities and room assignment.
- Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay) and practice data privacy information.
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data. All guest accounts are balanced by the cashier at the close of each shift.
- Prepares/ review a summary of cash, credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s financial performance for the day. All guest accounts are balanced by the cashier at the close of each shift.
- There is a need to ensure all correct documentation is completed when on either the PMS system or POS system. This includes ensuring you follow all cashiering procedures.
- Respond to guest’s complaints in a timely and professional manner and assist guests for any request.
- Maximize hotel revenue opportunities through strong sales techniques. Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate.
- Exceed guests’ expectations by providing exceptional customer service, maintaining a professional attitude, and being creative in order to satisfy guest requests.
- Know the neighbourhood & the location of the community what else to offer. You must share your knowledge and experience with our guests and design great memories for them to accommodate guests’ needs.
- Take personal interest and pride to ensure that your work area, the reception / back of the house, both in terms of appearance & cleanliness, also ensure beverage displays are full and re-stocked as required, brochures, newspapers are up to date.
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to
- Communicate with Housekeeping and other departments to ensure seamless coordination and proper follow-through.
- Responsible for the daily organization of the section you are working ensuring smooth transition between shifts and share proper communication to other areas of operation
- Will have to work on various shifts, and days and support variations that may be required in the schedule to meet the guests and hotel operational needs.
- It is essential to be a part of the training programs, be proficient and execute the various SOP’s in all operational aspects like laundry and housekeeping for you to have a better understanding of the business & retrain as required.
- Comply with all Canadian Princess Lodge & Marina Safety and Security regulations.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- To be flexible and willing when asked to fill in any areas where needed to help in an emergency or difficult circumstances as assigned or required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 1-2 Years work experience as Guest Service Agent, Receptionist or similar role
- Education in Tourism and Hospitality strongly preferred
- Exceptional Customer Service and Sales skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Having a positive attitude towards work
- Be self- disciplined and self-motivated
- Ability to Multi-Task and Team player
- Computer literacy
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent Verbal, Listening, and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Maintain High Service Standard in Pressure Situations
- Flexible Work Schedule during weekend / holidays based on operational requirements.
- Can lift and carry 30-50pounds and stand for long hours.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive hourly wage
- End of season cash bonus
- Extremely affordable staff housing available, walking distance from the lodge
- Growth Opportunity, year round and management positions available
For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.